BMW M5 Forum

Yesterday, 03:11 PM   #9241
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep View Post
You guys think that's bad? Boy have I got a story you for!
My friend bought a damn Fisker Ocean because he lives in Miami and wanted to stand out without spending a million dollars. Talk about a horrid financial mistake, this was of course after I repeatedly told him not to. Not only has the car depreciated 80% in a year, the company went bankrupt and of course, the car got a OTA update and bricked lol. Can't get it out of "Neutral." Has to wait to get the car fixed by a mobile squad that either Fisker or whatever company that provided him aftermarket warranty (through Fisker, I think, it's really convoluted but necessary since nobody knew if the company would make it or not). He's 100 on the list of cars that this happened to, meaning there's 99 other cars that these guys have to fix prior to his. Which i'm actually really surprised that there are only 100 cars in the country that this happened to. So that's the good news? Good luck.
Fisker’s first car was a trainwreck of poor performance and poor efficiency, all wrapped up in a giant chassis no one understood. This is a bad idea because Fisker and nothing else.
Appreciate 1
gblansten2383.50
      Yesterday, 04:44 PM   #9242
dfox
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E88 135i 6MT

Most people in the automotive world saw Fisker as a complete train wreck. Bummer your buddy bought one.
Appreciate 1
gblansten2383.50
      Yesterday, 08:30 PM   #9243
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep
Drives: More Manuals than Automatics

Tesla 'Explodes Like A Bomb' In Fiery Fatal Crash

The crash killed the Tesla's two occupants after the burning vehicle slammed into an apartment building

https://jalopnik.com/tesla-explodes-...ash-1851650748

Appreciate 2
M5Rick66287.50
eugenebmw1954.00
      Today, 03:45 AM   #9244
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
Tesla 'Explodes Like A Bomb' In Fiery Fatal Crash

The crash killed the Tesla's two occupants after the burning vehicle slammed into an apartment building

https://jalopnik.com/tesla-explodes-...ash-1851650748

'Unintentional acceleration by the Tesla may have contributed to this tragedy' with a pedestrian hospitalised from the exploding debris.
The remains of the occupants should be shown to the public to make them think twice before going for an EV.
Appreciate 1
eugenebmw1954.00
      Today, 05:37 AM   #9245
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
'Unintentional acceleration by the Tesla may have contributed to this tragedy' with a pedestrian hospitalised from the exploding debris.
The remains of the occupants should be shown to the public to make them think twice before going for an EV.
I heard that every living thing within a mile of the blast radius was instantly vaporized. The media just aren’t telling us the truth.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 07:14 AM   #9246
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
I heard that every living thing within a mile of the blast radius was instantly vaporized. The media just aren’t telling us the truth.
Love your humour gb keep it coming
Appreciate 1
eugenebmw1954.00
      Today, 08:25 AM   #9247
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

That is fake news. All news I don’t like is fake news.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:14 PM   #9248
dfox
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Like we do every time a person dies in an ICE fire? We all got to see Paul Walker's remains, right? Or Ryan Dunn? Both died of fires from a crashed porsche. The public should be aware that porsche's are super dangerous and they can die in a fire if they crash in it...

unintended acceleration would be a big issue, but that's a tesla issue, not an EV issue. Pretty much every manufacturer has moved to drive by wire these days, ICE or EV.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 01:20 PM   #9249
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfox View Post
Like we do every time a person dies in an ICE fire? We all got to see Paul Walker's remains, right? Or Ryan Dunn? Both died of fires from a crashed porsche. The public should be aware that porsche's are super dangerous and they can die in a fire if they crash in it...

unintended acceleration would be a big issue, but that's a tesla issue, not an EV issue. Pretty much every manufacturer has moved to drive by wire these days, ICE or EV.
The Walker and Rodas 918 lamppost collision was judged to have been caused by an old failing tyre and Rodas then losing control quite different from the EV incident posted here that you're comparing it with.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 01:45 PM   #9250
dfox
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
The Walker and Rodas 918 lamppost collision was judged to have been caused by an old failing tyre and Rodas then losing control quite different from the EV incident posted here that you're comparing it with.
Of course they're different. that's ultimately my point. EV's don't have more issues with unintended acceleration than any other type of vehicle. Lots of car crashes result in fires that kill people, ICE, or EV. If people don't want risk, they should go be hermits and never drive a car at all, it's probably the riskiest thing we all do.
Appreciate 0