BMW M5 Forum

07-25-2024, 09:20 AM   #1
hhmG82
Rep
Drives: G82 - 21

Best Sim for G82 M4 comp

Hey!

Wanted to know if there's any recommended game for G82 M4 comp, i tried Forza motorsport 5 and its not really that close.

Whanted to know if someone is aware of a game that does it better.

Thank you,
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2024, 09:37 AM   #2
Ohio Enthusiast
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 E93 335i, '18 BRZ

That's a tough one. Ideally you'd want a good car physics on a good realistic sim. Problem is good modern sims (iRacing, ACC) don't do street cars, and good old sims (AC) don't have new cars, so you're stuck with mods. Most mods don't do physics all that well (if at all, sometimes just copying another car's physics without changing them).
I'd try Assetto Corsa's M4 (which is an F82) and see how close it is, perhaps do some tweaks to the engine.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2024, 09:39 AM   #3
OGOverkill
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmG82 View Post
Hey!

Wanted to know if there's any recommended game for G82 M4 comp, i tried Forza motorsport 5 and its not really that close.

Whanted to know if someone is aware of a game that does it better.

Thank you,
My buddy plays assetto corsa competizione
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2024, 09:43 AM   #4
hhmG82
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Enthusiast View Post
That's a tough one. Ideally you'd want a good car physics on a good realistic sim. Problem is good modern sims (iRacing, ACC) don't do street cars, and good old sims (AC) don't have new cars, so you're stuck with mods. Most mods don't do physics all that well (if at all, sometimes just copying another car's physics without changing them).
I'd try Assetto Corsa's M4 (which is an F82) and see how close it is, perhaps do some tweaks to the engine.
Yes i tried Assetto Corsa with M4 G82 mod and it was really bad, i think i will just stick to ACC

thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2024, 09:48 AM   #5
hhmG82
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGOverkill View Post
My buddy plays assetto corsa competizione

Yep i tried it but since we have the street version of the car wanted to see if there's a game that i dont know of that has it

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2024, 12:28 PM   #6
rafaeldelrey
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M3 CS, 2023 BMW M4 Co

There is no really good G80 in the simulators. I am trying to improve the physics of an M3 Competition x drive, but my skills are really limited.

I use one of the Sebring tracks on Asseto Corsa (circuit_sebring) which is where a tracked an M4 Competition Convertible and a M3 CS in real life. Not sure if just the cars are not realistic, or the track is also different from reality, but I m way faster on the simulator.

Next month there will be a M4 GT4 Evo on iRacing. It's the closest we can get. Actually , there are some videos on YouTube saying we can make a road M4 very similar to the GT4. It requires better brakes, some suspension mods and 580hp.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2024, 06:27 AM   #7
rafaeldelrey
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M3 CS, 2023 BMW M4 Co

Tried the new GT4 on iRacing yesterday. Asside from the odd sound, that developers confirmed as a mistake that will be fixed in the next update, the car handles pretty similar to the road one in wet tires, added weight and less camber. I m doing similar lap times on Sebring, compared to real life. This never happened with Asseto Corsa G8x mods.

Its gonna be a good training tool.. and also a good target for mods, as there are some ways to make a road version to be more similar to the GT4, like you can see at
Appreciate 2