NGT2
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i xDrive (2020)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerfun82 View Post
Volvos look minimalist and classic next to this offensive, art deco garbage from BMW. At least they’re minimalistic with clean lines. The M2, M5, X3, 7, XM, iX look ridiculous. They’ve lost all semblance of cohesiveness to the legacy. It’s sad.
I don’t mind the X3. There are details I don’t care for, but the general design is okay. I actually feel similarly about the XM.

I never felt like BMW needed to make some loud design impression. It was about having a classic, upscale design and the fact that it’s a BMW would tell you all you need to know about how it will drive, vs the competition.

RETIRED: 2018 540i Luxury Line (Dark Graphite/Canberra Beige)
Appreciate 1
      Today, 04:53 AM   #200
ChrisM4
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Comp X-Drive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
Toyota didn’t play smart… Toyota played safe…❕
From an environment (CO2 reduction) and sales/revenue perspective the previous CEO Toyoda was 100% correct. They never should have replaced him. Toyota did play smart focusing on hybrids.

Other automakers are writing down billions in bad EV investment and slowing or cancelling other EV investment.

Small displacement turbocharged ICE with hybrid is the best path until a better technology than lithium based EV comes to market.
      Today, 11:19 AM   #201
NGT2
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i xDrive (2020)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisM4 View Post
From an environment (CO2 reduction) and sales/revenue perspective the previous CEO Toyoda was 100% correct. They never should have replaced him. Toyota did play smart focusing on hybrids.

Other automakers are writing down billions in bad EV investment and slowing or cancelling other EV investment.

Small displacement turbocharged ICE with hybrid is the best path until a better technology than lithium based EV comes to market.
You could argue that the best path is continuing with the modern 6 & 8 cylinder engines that we already have, which are pretty damn effficient, until something truly better AND cheaper is available. My damn M550 can get me 30 mpg on the highway and that’s an all ICE twin turbo V8!

RETIRED: 2018 540i Luxury Line (Dark Graphite/Canberra Beige)
Appreciate 0
      Today, 11:58 AM   #202
ChrisM4
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Comp X-Drive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGT2 View Post
You could argue that the best path is continuing with the modern 6 & 8 cylinder engines that we already have, which are pretty damn effficient, until something truly better AND cheaper is available. My damn M550 can get me 30 mpg on the highway and that’s an all ICE twin turbo V8!
I’m ICE over hybrid, I just mean in comparison to full EV hybrid is better as a bridging tech to reduce CO2.