BMW M5 Forum

09-15-2024, 07:33 PM   #23
Andrew R
Registered
Rep
Drives: Toyota Camry

I'm not rich but by no means am I doing bad. I understand it's completely stupid to buy a car like the two I have selected but I really don't care as I'm putting down about 70% of the car's value and plan to pay off the rest of it quickly as I don't have many expenses living in my parent's house and don't plan to move for at least two more years. I own and operate an online advertising business that generates about $6k/month profit and is projected to grow even more through the year and on. So while I agree anything over 500/month on insurance is stupid as all get out I would still be spending less than 20% of my income on the car and insurance and I have virtually no expenses other than gas and things I decide to buy through the month. So while I agree it's stupid my mom is currently paying 500/month on my camry and not only do I want to lift that burden from her but I want to upgrade as driving is one of my favorite things to do. And the guy who said that I didn't sound like I really care for working on cars is correct as I do basic maintenance and would intend to do basic mods on the car if I go that way but anything even somewhat major I would rather not touch as it takes away time I could be working on my business and I really hate working on things in general.
Appreciate 0