BMW M5 Forum

07-25-2024, 01:53 PM   #463
Rono63
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by G30M View Post
Apparently when Max does it it's going for a gap, but when Lando did it it was dive bombing

They're just all 'racing incidents' to others
Max believes in the old NASCAR saying “Rubbing is Racing”.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2024, 02:11 PM   #464
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
They didn’t forget. If Max makes that turn without locking up, all of this would be a non-issue and it would be considered a great move. He didn’t. He missed that corner and it wasn’t even close.

No one says don’t go for a gap, but if you do, you better stick it otherwise the alternative outcome is usually a collision of some sort and you will get criticized. It’s a very simple concept.
Agree, if he didn't lock up and LEW did not continue to turn (seing him coming) in but he did and if MAX didn't lock up then they probably would be both out..if you see my drift
Appreciate 1
      07-25-2024, 02:17 PM   #465
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C - BMW X1

Quote:
so why did Yuki get a 40k fine and Max doesn't get a fine?

I no understand
Because Tsunoda said about competitor Zhou and the Sauber team during qualifying for the Austrian Grand Prix: "these guys are f**king retarded".

Verstappen, on the other hand, criticized his own team, using foul language: transcript here.

Verstappen also criticized the race stewards, but without using swear words. Verstappen's race engineer Lambiase: "I understand the medical delegate needs to have a look at you, examine you, under parc fermé conditions when you get out.". Verstappen replied with sarcasm: "If they could send the medical delegate up to the stewards, maybe they can have a look if they are all okay."

After the Hungarian race Verstappen was asked for his response to comments that his criticism of the team, and the nature of his radio messages, had gone too far. His response: "They can all f**k off. I mean, of course, I’m annoyed but I've been annoyed before – sometimes you press in the radio to voice your opinion and that's what I did today hoping that, maybe, the second pitstop will be a better call. But it wasn't. But, for me, that is not distracting when I'm driving. Of course, I'm annoyed but you also then focus back on what you have to do and that's, of course, controlling the car.".
      07-25-2024, 05:46 PM   #466
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M550i; Swift Sport 6MT; EV6 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rono63 View Post
Max believes in the old NASCAR saying “Rubbing is Racing”.
you're right about Nascar, i actually don't understand touring and stock car racing, people actually bump into their rivals and push them off track and it's fine!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2024, 06:21 PM   #467
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
you're right about Nascar, i actually don't understand touring and stock car racing, people actually bump into their rivals and push them off track and it's fine!
You mean just like LEW pushed MAX off track in the 2021 Silverstone GP ?

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2024, 06:57 PM   #468
Pauly Wauly
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 560X

The way I see it is that Max was committed to the turn and Hamilton made it hard for Max to make the turn, so Max had no choice but to lock up, and the rest is history
      07-25-2024, 07:02 PM   #469
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
You mean just like LEW pushed MAX off track in the 2021 Silverstone GP ?
worse. In nascar they drive into anybody they like. Usually from behind. Car either spins or wobbles followed by a side bump off the track.
Appreciate 1
      07-25-2024, 08:10 PM   #470
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
worse. In nascar they drive into anybody they like. Usually from behind. Car either spins or wobbles followed by a side bump off the track.
I know . I was kidding . Yeah usually Nascar is a mess.

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2024, 08:17 PM   #471
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
I know . I was kidding . Yeah usually Nascar is a mess.
Such a shame A$$car is so lame. I live about 20 minutes from Charlotte Motor Speedway and never go. Well, I went once to an All-Star race because a friend had free tickets. And wouldn't you know it, not a single wreck....SOOOOO Boring!!!
Appreciate 1
      07-25-2024, 09:20 PM   #472
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
Such a shame A$$car is so lame. I live about 20 minutes from Charlotte Motor Speedway and never go. Well, I went once to an All-Star race because a friend had free tickets. And wouldn't you know it, not a single wreck....SOOOOO Boring!!!
i'm sure you get as much as you give, if you bash people, maybe that makes you a target in the future, so maybe nobody wants to be that guy

my kids were disappointed when we toured the US, they went to an ice hockey match and the ref clamped down on all the fights, they really wanted to see fighting
Appreciate 1
      07-26-2024, 12:25 PM   #473
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
i'm sure you get as much as you give, if you bash people, maybe that makes you a target in the future, so maybe nobody wants to be that guy

my kids were disappointed when we toured the US, they went to an ice hockey match and the ref clamped down on all the fights, they really wanted to see fighting
Sorry they missed it. What's the old saying? "Went to a fight and a hockey game broke out."
Appreciate 1