BMW M5 Forum

09-03-2024, 06:45 PM   #45
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMW33 View Post
My father is convinced Red Bull was using some kind of asymmetric braking that was "banned" (or clarified) by the FIA a little while ago. That's why Max continually complains that the car is numb and just won't turn. It has some appeal in that it could explain why a car that was dominant in May is now kind of undriveable. I don't think it totally matches up with the facts but it has some merit.
FIA, lying? Say it isn't so.
This is exactly what happened, that's Why Max has been so quiet lately
As long 3-pedals are an option, I will exercise my right to suffer the handicap and indignity of slower shifts and reaction times.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2024, 03:35 AM   #46
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
I heard it's a 50/50 gamble . It can make the balance better but also even worse than it is at this moment .
Everything was already in a RB truck at Monza but they didn't changed it because MAX would get a big grid penalty and start from the pitlane by the FIA park ferme regulations .
At this moment I don't know when they will do it .
If I hear it when , you will hear it too ...
If an older tub is used, say the RB19's with modified hangers etc then MAX and SER could be a happy men..they're probably at it now building the thing up due north from me.
Appreciate 1
      09-04-2024, 08:41 AM   #47
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Mate . That's really funny again . Checo ran several races with a copy&paste from MAX's PU mappings and suspension setup .
But Checo couldn't drive with it and crashed more than once (as we know)!
And that wasn't cheap for the RB Team , the Mexican crashed $4.5Million hole in the Red Bull budget cap.

Imagine a guy like that is your KitKat teammate while you're in the running of the WDC(!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
RB could have hired someone like Sainz, or promoted Danny Ric, but they are happy giving Max creampuff teammates. Wonder why.
Mate . I said Mexican KitKats ...As you can read (!)

In other words : The Mexican government has bought Checo's Red Bull seat with Millions of KitKats .
If you still don't get it , it means with Politics and $Millions that came from Tequila Mexico city .
And with that Red Bull will lose the WCC ...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick66287.50
      09-04-2024, 08:45 AM   #48
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
FIA, lying? Say it isn't so.
This is exactly what happened, that's Why Max has been so quiet lately
MAX wasn't quiet . MAX was extremely loud .
During the race , off track and in all the media ..

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick66287.50
      09-04-2024, 12:54 PM   #49
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Good ol Perez, skipped the most obvious and named Max. I respect it.
As long 3-pedals are an option, I will exercise my right to suffer the handicap and indignity of slower shifts and reaction times.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2024, 01:42 PM   #50
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C - BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMW33 View Post
http://https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fia-declares-all-2024-wings-legal-after-clarification-sought-on-mclaren-mercedes-designs/10650879/

All wing designs declared legal by FIA. That’s the end of the big “investigation” the YouTubers were trying to amp up for clicks.
Affirmative: rejected.

"Complaints about McLaren and Mercedes front wings rejected"
BBC - Sep 3, 2024
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/...s/c3w6y694406o
M5Rick66287.50
      09-04-2024, 05:01 PM   #51
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Ferrari’s Monza Upgrade:

- The bottom is crucial in this car generation. Ferrari debuts its first real evolution of this component at Monza after disappointing results with the Spanish version. Previously, elements like the bargeboards, sidewalk, and diffuser were visible, but now, teams hide critical features like the Venturi tunnels and complex under-car design. The new Monza specification includes major changes, evolving from the Montmelo version after poor post-Spain results, - especially after identifying the causes of the bouncing issue.
- Adjustments were made in the Venturi area and diffuser’s throat, affecting the bottom slide, SIS cover, and sidewalk introduced at Montmelo. However, these changes triggered unexpected bouncing, as Carlos Sainz noted, which impacted the SF-24's drivability, making it more of a downgrade than an upgrade. Vasseur's team worked between Austria and England to address these problems, introducing a revised version in Hungary, adjusted mainly through CFD rather than wind tunnel testing.
- This revision, blending Spain and Imola specifications, allowed Ferrari to compete in Hungary, SPA, and Zandvoort while preparing the update now debuting at Monza. This update is likely the last major development package of 2024. Initially, some components were planned for Monza, Baku, and Singapore, but Vasseur and his team chose to bring most updates to Monza, leaving only minor elements for the rest of the season.
- In Monza’s pitlane, the new bottom was briefly visible as Ferrari quickly mounted and reassembled it on Sainz's SF-24 while using Leclerc's car for pit stop practice. The Venturi Canal entrance area retains much of the design introduced in Spain, but other parts of the underbody have changed, including a revised slide design. The metal supports connecting the main bottom to the outer blade are now more prominent and longer on the SF-24. The sidewalk has also been revised, - with part of the bottom behind the highest section of the sidewalk now cut off, appearing more 'disconnected' from the rest of the bottom. Expected changes in the diffuser area remain hidden by Ferrari.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
M5Rick66287.50
      09-05-2024, 09:40 AM   #52
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
Ferrari’s Monza Upgrade:

- The bottom is crucial in this car generation. Ferrari debuts its first real evolution of this component at Monza after disappointing results with the Spanish version. Previously, elements like the bargeboards, sidewalk, and diffuser were visible, but now, teams hide critical features like the Venturi tunnels and complex under-car design. The new Monza specification includes major changes, evolving from the Montmelo version after poor post-Spain results, - especially after identifying the causes of the bouncing issue.
- Adjustments were made in the Venturi area and diffuser’s throat, affecting the bottom slide, SIS cover, and sidewalk introduced at Montmelo. However, these changes triggered unexpected bouncing, as Carlos Sainz noted, which impacted the SF-24's drivability, making it more of a downgrade than an upgrade. Vasseur's team worked between Austria and England to address these problems, introducing a revised version in Hungary, adjusted mainly through CFD rather than wind tunnel testing.
- This revision, blending Spain and Imola specifications, allowed Ferrari to compete in Hungary, SPA, and Zandvoort while preparing the update now debuting at Monza. This update is likely the last major development package of 2024. Initially, some components were planned for Monza, Baku, and Singapore, but Vasseur and his team chose to bring most updates to Monza, leaving only minor elements for the rest of the season.
- In Monza’s pitlane, the new bottom was briefly visible as Ferrari quickly mounted and reassembled it on Sainz's SF-24 while using Leclerc's car for pit stop practice. The Venturi Canal entrance area retains much of the design introduced in Spain, but other parts of the underbody have changed, including a revised slide design. The metal supports connecting the main bottom to the outer blade are now more prominent and longer on the SF-24. The sidewalk has also been revised, - with part of the bottom behind the highest section of the sidewalk now cut off, appearing more 'disconnected' from the rest of the bottom. Expected changes in the diffuser area remain hidden by Ferrari.
Ferrari have pots of money to play within the budget , they haven't a Checo to cost them millions in repairs.
Appreciate 2
      09-05-2024, 11:59 AM   #53
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Ferrari have pots of money to play within the budget , they haven't a Checo to cost them millions in repairs.
NO DOUBT....Spaghetti > Tacos
Appreciate 3
      09-06-2024, 04:12 AM   #54
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
NO DOUBT....Spaghetti > Tacos
Funny about spaghetti bolognese,I read that if you ever visit Bologna in Italy and ask for one of those they won't know what you're talking about, it's called tagliatelle al ragu. 'Spaghetti bolognese' was made up by Brit and American tourists
Appreciate 3
      09-06-2024, 07:03 AM   #55
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Funny about spaghetti bolognese,I read that if you ever visit Bologna in Italy and ask for one of those they won't know what you're talking about, it's called tagliatelle al ragu. 'Spaghetti bolognese' was made up by Brit and American tourists
Even funnier, spaghetti and lasagna are about the only Italian dishes I can stand. The rest is garbage

But I'll eat Mexican every day of the week
Appreciate 2
M5Rick66287.50
      09-06-2024, 07:23 AM   #56
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Even funnier, spaghetti and lasagna are about the only Italian dishes I can stand. The rest is garbage

I'm partial to a chicken lasagna myself a far as Italian goes KbD, not really into beef mince or spaghetti apart from the odd juicy steak that comes on my plate once in a while and Mexican is ok if not too spicy.
Appreciate 2
      09-06-2024, 08:32 AM   #57
CMW33
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp

Quote:
can we ban this guy?
Appreciate 3
      09-06-2024, 09:43 AM   #58
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I'm partial to a chicken lasagna myself a far as Italian goes KbD, not really into beef mince or spaghetti apart from the odd juicy steak that comes on my plate once in a while and Mexican is ok if not too spicy.
Safe assumption we have many more Mexicans here which equals outstanding authentic restaurants
Appreciate 2
M5Rick66287.50
      09-06-2024, 10:38 AM   #59
dfox
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E88 135i 6MT

I'd eat mexican or tex-mex, or new-mexican food, or whatever, any day of the week, any meal of the day. All day, every day. Mexico is my vacation destination of choice at the moment as well, with spanish being the second language spoken in our house despite being a bunch of gringos.

Ironically, US based kit-kats suck, terrible sponsor for the US audience. I buy them whenever we're out of the country, but since they're not made by nestle in the us, they're pretty terrible. Always amazed at how much better they are abroad.

italian... nah. not a chance. too heavy. I don't dislike it, I just can't eat much of it. My wife used to make it all the time and I started pushing back. She eventually realized that all the pasta made her feel like crap for a day, despite enjoying eating it in the moment, so we've cut a lot of it out.
Appreciate 3
      09-06-2024, 10:49 AM   #60
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfox View Post
I'd eat mexican or tex-mex, or new-mexican food, or whatever, any day of the week, any meal of the day. All day, every day. Mexico is my vacation destination of choice at the moment as well, with spanish being the second language spoken in our house despite being a bunch of gringos.

Ironically, US based kit-kats suck, terrible sponsor for the US audience. I buy them whenever we're out of the country, but since they're not made by nestle in the us, they're pretty terrible. Always amazed at how much better they are abroad.

italian... nah. not a chance. too heavy. I don't dislike it, I just can't eat much of it. My wife used to make it all the time and I started pushing back. She eventually realized that all the pasta made her feel like crap for a day, despite enjoying eating it in the moment, so we've cut a lot of it out.
Only places I've had good Italian is New York and Sarasota FLA. Seafood Lasagna in Sarasota SO GOOD it's almost worth the trip back just for that.

Italian food in the south is basically chain restaurants like Olive Garden or Carrabba's
Appreciate 2
M5Rick66287.50
      09-06-2024, 10:58 AM   #61
omgzirra_exe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4.4L M3, IS300

the best italian comes from a can.

ala chef boyardeee
Appreciate 2
tsk941557.00
      09-06-2024, 11:05 AM   #62
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:

'Cannelloni my friend => https://myfoodbook.com.au/recipes/sh...bolognese-bake

Appreciate 2
M5Rick66287.50
      09-06-2024, 11:06 AM   #63
dfox
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E88 135i 6MT

Quote:
Only places I've had good Italian is New York and Sarasota FLA. Seafood Lasagna in Sarasota SO GOOD it's almost worth the trip back just for that.

Italian food in the south is basically chain restaurants like Olive Garden or Carrabba's
I haven't been to Italy, but the best Italian food I had was in Sevilla, Spain. Probably a bit more authentic than anything in the US, especially those chain places. I remember I used to think that buca di beppo was "authentic". Good times.
Appreciate 1
      09-06-2024, 11:32 AM   #64
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
'Cannelloni my friend => https://myfoodbook.com.au/recipes/show/ricotta-cannelloni-bolognese-bake
$hit, KBD don’t work for my food
Appreciate 2
M5Rick66287.50
      09-06-2024, 11:53 AM   #65
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

FYI: Just read resurfacing COTA
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
M5Rick66287.50
CMW33757.00
      09-06-2024, 12:51 PM   #66
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:

I would think Italian and NYC goes hand in hand with Italian food.
Appreciate 2