BMW M5 Forum

08-28-2024, 11:36 AM   #45
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketfoot View Post
Can't say that I have any interest in an older car. Maybe a lease return, but probably not even that.

We tend to keep our cars (our other cars are 13 & 22 years old) so spending on new gets evened out. And in this case it's not like I'm looking at anything overly expensive and would be bought with cash.
I will say - I LOVED my E92 LCI Msport. It has the N52 and a 6speed manual. Very reliable, and the interior was actually pretty high quality compared to my F22 M235i (which is honestly a step down)

But I vote Mazda over the BMW personally. Yes, my M235i has over 400whp and still can get over 27mpg on the highway - but the practicality of the Mazda and it's interior are nice. It just seems like a more tossable useable car.
As long 3-pedals are an option, I will exercise my right to suffer the handicap and indignity of slower shifts and reaction times.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2024, 11:37 AM   #46
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketfoot View Post
Guess I never followed up on the end result.

Ended up with a 230i that became available pretty much at the same time as I was informed by the insurance company that the 86 would be totaled.

It came down to the 230i or a certified Mazda 3 sedan (preferred a hatchback) at a great price. However it had some hail damage that needed to be repaired and that spooked my wife enough to push her to the BMW.
I should have kept reading. Awesome and congratulations!
As long 3-pedals are an option, I will exercise my right to suffer the handicap and indignity of slower shifts and reaction times.
Appreciate 0