08-25-2024, 10:18 PM   #45
Hammer110!
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 22 F90M5C, 22 X7M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan1490 View Post
Why would anyone buy this?

I drive an F90. Convince me to buy the G90?

IDK if you remember how widely panned the F90 was pre production relative to the F10? Everyone said it was going to suck with added weight, 4 wheel drive (Horrors…..the nerve of BMW) and last but not least the ZF tranny vs the SMG. The car was going to suck and a real step backwards. Didn’t age well given the love of the F90 now .. it’s the same with every model change. Let’s see what the consensus is after street reviews by car mags and real world experience. Face it the F90 is a pig on the track ( other than CS) and literally no one tracks the car other than Shawn Hayes :-). Pig comment is relative to any decent single purpose track car.
Appreciate 7
AlexFL7923.50
Tinbad166.50
TXSchnee1381.50
shawnhayes1913.00
Gfit3070.00
M5ddox113.00
      08-26-2024, 03:20 AM   #46
Evinrude1975
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 CS '22

Quote:
Originally Posted by supershaft View Post
Literally no reason to upgrade.
To downgrade
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2024, 07:19 AM   #47
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitChowder View Post
Do you have a free allocation?
shoot me a PM with your contact info and ill buzz KoTe asap and see what we have at the moment no problem.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2024, 01:48 PM   #48
RossM3
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Comp AW

This car killed my future M car aspirations. It was fun while it lasted.
Appreciate 2
      08-26-2024, 05:45 PM   #49
shainblm
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by shainblm View Post
Got my build spot with production number! Here we go
Week 44 build
Appreciate 1
      08-26-2024, 07:38 PM   #50
subterFUSE
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 Audi R8, 2023 Audi S8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RossM3 View Post
This car killed my future M car aspirations. It was fun while it lasted.

Did you guys see the R&T article today about whether the Germans will put speed limits on the autobahn due to electric cars not being capable of maintaining high speeds for long drives?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2024, 11:38 PM   #51
FreshlySnipes
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 (MT); G05 X5 45e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by StitChES37 View Post
I assume it's been assigned (?), but I don't know what it is. Was informed about the production slot a week or so ago. At the time was told it would go into 'pre-production' about a couple weeks before actual production, at which point I'd confirm the build... so should be any day now. Dealer rep said they're checking daily and will ping me as soon as it hits pre-production.

Disclaimer: this is my first time going through this process, and I've heard conflicting info about the order of events of getting slated for production, getting the production number, going into pre-production, etc.... so I'm keeping expectations low, and will just be pleasantly surprised if it all happens for an early November delivery.
So exciting!! Congrats! My M3 was the first car I’d custom built too and it was a fun but really horrible wait… the wait is the worst.

Not sure if you’re aware or not but you can track the build all the way to delivery on the BMW website and app. Once your vin number is assigned you’ll be able to see each step of the proces. It will even tell you what ship your car is on and you can track the ship on its voyage across the ocean. I don’t think this is very healthy, and in my case it wasn’t but still cool.

What spec did you go with?? You’ll have to share updates with us as the process continues!

SEAHAWKS - 12
Appreciate 1
      08-27-2024, 03:03 AM   #52
StitChES37
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model S (2022)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshlySnipes View Post
So exciting!! Congrats! My M3 was the first car I’d custom built too and it was a fun but really horrible wait… the wait is the worst.

Not sure if you’re aware or not but you can track the build all the way to delivery on the BMW website and app. Once your vin number is assigned you’ll be able to see each step of the proces. It will even tell you what ship your car is on and you can track the ship on its voyage across the ocean. I don’t think this is very healthy, and in my case it wasn’t but still cool.

What spec did you go with?? You’ll have to share updates with us as the process continues!

Thanks, and thanks for the info! FWIW, I totally agree it isn’t healthy / productive to watch it so closely… I may as well watch paint dry or water boil… but I’m still 100% going to do it anyway

Specs: IOMG, jet black wheels, black extended, carbon fiber trim, with DAP & exec package. Debated carbon package, but I like a glass roof, and I’m unlikely to ever take this to a track (and at this weight, probably doesn’t matter much anyway… )

Will keep y’all posted with what I hear. Getting a little nervous as I haven't heard from dealer about finalizing specs, and supposedly it’ll go into production next week. I’ll reach out for a check-in today.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2024, 07:50 AM   #53
subterFUSE
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer110! View Post
Face it the F90 is a pig on the track ( other than CS) and literally no one tracks the car other than Shawn Hayes :-). Pig comment is relative to any decent single purpose track car.
But F90 would still beat any of the prior M5s on a track, especially the CS.

Will the G90 beat an F90 on a track? I doubt it.
Appreciate 1
      08-27-2024, 09:06 AM   #54
AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 1993 Nissan 240sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by subterFUSE View Post
But F90 would still beat any of the prior M5s on a track, especially the CS.

Will the G90 beat an F90 on a track? I doubt it.
Why would most people buying this car care if it is faster than the F90 on a race track? Is it just bragging rights? I know a few people take their M5 to the track, but even then why would it matter? Would they expect to be racing an F90?
Appreciate 1
      08-27-2024, 09:12 AM   #55
THEROK
Major
Rep
Drives: Model S Plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabith007_b58 View Post
New M5 is too heavy.
For what? lol

Always amusing these auto forums. It’s grown dudes reverting back to puerile, binary emotions of hate/love with zero nuance, always trying to defend or aggrandize what they have in fear of not having the latest, greatest kicks in school.

I love the new design. It’s 2025, yet they gave you the v8, you’ll visit shtty gas stations less so you can close deals in serene e-mode to pay for the lifestyle.

I’ll never buy an M5, but would absolutely love to drive this thing. Enjoy yours!

08-27-2024, 09:18 AM   #56
Crazy1323
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: RS6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall View Post
Why would most people buying this car care if it is faster than the F90 on a race track? Is it just bragging rights? I know a few people take their M5 to the track, but even then why would it matter? Would they expect to be racing an F90?
I’m kind of with you. Keep the M3/M2 as “track cars”. I would love M to go more GT esque for the M5, M8, etc. No one is taking a 5,500 pound luxury sedan to a track. Give me a better driving experience for daily use over track performance any day.

I am trading my RS6 for a M5 Touring because I am ready for something different and want a PHEV. But Audi nailed it! Will the RS6 go on track, sure but it won’t be too thrilled about it. But I can also take my wife, two kids, and giant dog on a 7 hour road trip and no one complains about the ride. My wife and I “allegedly” did Memphis to New Orleans in under 4 hours, about a 400 mile trip and she didn’t even realize we were going fast until we got there earlier than expected.

Maybe I am not the “traditional” M5 buyer, but I don’t want a midsize sedan trying to be a sports car. I was a midsize vehicle that feels sportier than standard with plenty of performance.

We will see how the M5 feels once it gets here.
Appreciate 2
      08-27-2024, 12:18 PM   #57
CrashCade
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 M5 Comp,

Quote:
IDK if you remember how widely panned the F90 was pre production relative to the F10? Everyone said it was going to suck with added weight, 4 wheel drive (Horrors…..the nerve of BMW) and last but not least the ZF tranny vs the SMG. The car was going to suck and a real step backwards. Didn’t age well given the love of the F90 now .. it’s the same with every model change. Let’s see what the consensus is after street reviews by car mags and real world experience. Face it the F90 is a pig on the track ( other than CS) and literally no one tracks the car other than Shawn Hayes :-). Pig comment is relative to any decent single purpose track car.
There are quite a few of us who track the F90. It is a tank on the track but extremely capable. It’s just rather hard on tires.
Appreciate 1
beaups119.50
      08-27-2024, 02:17 PM   #58
Dutchbimmer79
Registered
Rep
Drives: m550

Additional Allocations

This is my first time doing a new build with BMW and I am curious how frequently a dealership gets additional allocations? I have had a hold payment for 20 months at my dealership and I found out today that I am #2 on the list, and they only got their first allocation last week. Does anyone know how long it takes typically for them to get another? Is it monthly or sporadic?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2024, 02:37 PM   #59
calbears
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 CS,2017 F87 LBB M2

Garage List
2018 M3 CS  [10.00]
2011 M3  [9.50]
2017 M2  [9.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchbimmer79 View Post
This is my first time doing a new build with BMW and I am curious how frequently a dealership gets additional allocations? I have had a hold payment for 20 months at my dealership and I found out today that I am #2 on the list, and they only got their first allocation last week. Does anyone know how long it takes typically for them to get another? Is it monthly or sporadic?
allocations are released monthly for dealerships. It's a different story on how often a particular dealer gets an allocation for a M5 though. Typically, allocations are released towards the end of a month for a production month ~5 weeks out (e.g., this last week October production allocations were released). You can expect November production allocations towards the end of September.
Past: E90 328i, F10 535i, F80 M3 (murdered)
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2024, 04:30 PM   #60
shawnhayes
Major
Rep
Drives: 22M5 CS,23X5E,24M3 CS,24 i4

Quote:
HAH!

There's a few of us, but not many. It's just a decent car that you can load a ton of SH** into for a track weekend (including track tires) that on a power track will put a smackdown on any stock M2.

It ain't a track car by traditional means. But it is a weapon. That's comfy. And your grannie can drive. My favorite quote is from a Porsche Cayman driver "I was going down the backstraight when grandma's 525i came around the corner way back there. And, all of a sudden I had a rear windshield full of BMW, and when it passed me I felt much better - oh, that's an M5!"

Still, this G90 (G99 for me) will not be a great track car. The hybrid system alone will make it okay for one or two laps. This will be a great daily driver, and I can't wait for the G99 order banks to open up.

Shawn
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2024, 07:10 PM   #61
Xander_Reigns
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X5M Competition

Garage List
Any idea when G99 allocations will be released. I can’t get any info from my CA.
2011 BMW 335i xDrive Coupe M Sport - Sold
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2024, 07:47 PM   #62
subterFUSE
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall View Post
The point is that every generation the performance has gone up. But this one will not.
Appreciate 1
      08-27-2024, 08:04 PM   #63
subterFUSE
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashCade View Post
There are quite a few of us who track the F90. It is a tank on the track but extremely capable. It’s just rather hard on tires.

In March 2020, I was at the BMW Performance Center taking delivery of my F90 M5 Comp. Of the group of customers there that day I was the only person taking delivery of an M car. We had one person getting an 850i (I refuse to call that an M even if BMW puts that in the name), but otherwise the group were X3 or X5 customers.

This was not my first visit to the performance center. I had picked up a car there before and I knew the routine. The normal protocol for the performance center is to put the customers in the car they are buying, and give them a half day training experience in "their" car so they will be prepared for emergency driving situations in that car. You're supposed to learn what YOUR car can do.

When the instructors asked the room which cars they were picking up, and they got to me and I said mine is the blue M5 in the lobby, well then they decided to put every customer into an M5 that day.

The entire half day was spent driving M5s on the track, regardless if the customers were picking up something else. [sarcasm]I wonder why that was?[/sarcasm]

The answer is simple. The F90 M5 was the ULTIMATE BMW car on the market at the time, and arguably the best BMW car ever. They wanted customers in that car for promotion of the brand. And the driving instructors wanted to drive the M5 more than any other car. It's like they were hoping for any excuse to be driving them, and I happened to be their excuse that day. These are professional racers, most of them... and they wanted to be in the F90 M5 more than any other car available. That says something.

The G90 doesn't begin to reach that level. And the G99 probably even less so. Only time will tell, but I don't have very high hopes for this generation.
Appreciate 1
      08-27-2024, 09:42 PM   #64
Hammer110!
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 22 F90M5C, 22 X7M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashCade View Post
I don’t doubt you for a second. The power and suspension management must make for a hell of an out of corner to straight exit. I had my days CCA, POC, and local track clubs using E36 M3, highly modded mercury Mekur, V10 M5. Great to be able to drive to the track if close enough to be able to swap pads and track rim/tire set up in your own garage. I finally broke down and built a dedicated track car (72 2002 TII converted to TI). Wasn’t the fastest car but boy did those brakes work well once stripped of all the extra weight for street use. Also the lack of insurance issues when/if the car got punted and sustained track related damage. Saw far too many beautiful cars get banged up by accident.

Cheers and enjoy that beast on the track.
Appreciate 1
      08-28-2024, 03:57 AM   #65
StitChES37
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model S (2022)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshlySnipes View Post

Update from the dealer! They shared the screenshot of the “Vehicle Inquiry: Status” page. Under production date it says the “req prod” is still week 36, but confirmed production date field is blank. Not sure when those typically confirm, but since week 36 is next week, I won’t be surprised if this slips a bit.

I have no doubt my dealer is wonderful and is doing all they can to provide the best info that they have - I suppose I’m just trying to keep my expectations low so I can be pleasantly surprised if it happens rather than disappointed if it doesn’t.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2024, 05:50 AM   #66
Gfit
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2025 M8 GC, 2023 X3M, 2024 X5M. Sold 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchbimmer79 View Post
Depends on the dealers volume and M5 production. Small dealers that retail few M cars may get 2-3 a year. High volume M Certified dealers may get 2-3 a month.
Appreciate 0