BMW M5 Forum

08-09-2024, 05:34 AM   #155
trev230
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Does anyone actually have an order in the system yet? My dealer says no allocations have been assigned or available yet and I work directly with a longtime sales manager.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2024, 07:15 AM   #156
DHDCF
Insert_Rank_Here
United_States
Rep
Drives: '25 FPG I4 M50 - Sep build

Quote:
Originally Posted by trev230 View Post
Does anyone actually have an order in the system yet? My dealer says no allocations have been assigned or available yet and I work directly with a longtime sales manager.
I had asked someone else this who said he had placed an order but haven't heard back yet..."my guy" is the best in business - he's also the busiest - but I haven't heard from him regarding allocations, and I am one of those "sorry to bother you about this again, but any word yet" type people. And now that I've said this, I'll hear from him later today w/ one...
2025 I4 M50 (Sep build)
Appreciate 1
G80POWER110.00
      08-09-2024, 09:20 AM   #157
StitChES37
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model S (2022)

Quote:
My dealer said they have their allocation as one of the highest volume dealer in the country - my car is scheduled for Week 37 this year (September) and will arrive by November at the dealership. But my dealer also told me they won't know production number until it enters production... so we'll see.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2024, 07:12 AM   #158
trev230
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitChES37 View Post
My dealer said they have their allocation as one of the highest volume dealer in the country - my car is scheduled for Week 37 this year (September) and will arrive by November at the dealership. But my dealer also told me they won't know production number until it enters production... so we'll see.
Interesting. You are located in my same city. Are you dealing with Hendrick? I’m on my 5th M with them and per the sales mgr I deal with they have no allocations company wide yet.

I am in no rush and would prefer to see this car and drive it before ordering one blindly. Just thought it’s strange the mixed information that’s out there especially if it’s from the same dealer.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2024, 11:07 AM   #159
G80POWER
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Signal Green '23 M3 Comp

[QUOTE=StitChES37;31374077]My dealer said they have their allocation as one of the highest volume dealer in the country - my car is scheduled for Week 37 this year (September) and will arrive by November at the dealership. But my dealer also told me they won't know production number until it enters production... so we'll see.

I don’t think your dealer is being honest with you. My dealer in DFW area is top 3 BMW dealers in the country and has 37 M5 orders waiting to be accepted into the order bank and be assigned production numbers with build weeks assigned to them after they have been accepted in order bank. My guess is you are one of the first at your dealer with an order in and they are assuming you will receive in November. I am number 2 on the list at my dealer and they told me the same thing but also said no build weeks are assigned until production number is assigned. They told me two days ago that no US dealers have had any production numbers assigned yet and orders being assigned production numbers are still out of the country but they will start accepting orders in the order bank very soon.
Appreciate 1
      09-10-2024, 01:09 PM   #160
Jwey67
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M5 Competition

Still can't wrap my head around the new design and weight. I will be sticking to the F90 for sure.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2024, 06:19 PM   #161
rjlsae
Registered
Rep
Drives:

[QUOTE=G80POWER;31376788]
Quote:
Originally Posted by StitChES37 View Post

I don’t think your dealer is being honest with you. My dealer in DFW area is top 3 BMW dealers in the country and has 37 M5 orders waiting to be accepted into the order bank and be assigned production numbers with build weeks assigned to them after they have been accepted in order bank. My guess is you are one of the first at your dealer with an order in and they are assuming you will receive in November. I am number 2 on the list at my dealer and they told me the same thing but also said no build weeks are assigned until production number is assigned. They told me two days ago that no US dealers have had any production numbers assigned yet and orders being assigned production numbers are still out of the country but they will start accepting orders in the order bank very soon.
I have a production number and have had one for many weeks. Hasn’t moved from that step yet online.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2024, 06:23 PM   #162
rjlsae
Registered
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
I’m in Las Vegas. I think I’m the 1st allocation. I got my production number about 2-3 weeks ago. It hasn’t updated from order received yet.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-11-2024, 12:32 PM   #163
StitChES37
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model S (2022)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G80POWER View Post

Hmm, perhaps or they are just misinformed. Though I also do not think what yours said is correct, either, haha (just incorrect in a different way). Yours said "no build weeks are assigned until production numbers are assigned", however I've heard from multiple folks (including above post from rjlsae) that production numbers are assigned well before build weeks are assigned.

Looks like that production week was listed as the "Req. Prod", which I take stands for "requested production week". My order is now supposedly in stage 111, which they said was pre-production. I would assume by then it has received a production number, but my dealer told me none have been assigned yet (hence why I think my dealer may be misinformed about this).

Last edited by StitChES37; 09-11-2024 at 12:46 PM..
Appreciate 0